Customer Support Engineer
Silvertip IT is an IT services company located in Redmond WA. We continue to successfully provide network integration, technical personnel, support services, products solutions, and consulting, to our valued clients in the Puget Sound. Our focus is simple…our goal is to make technology easy and to help our clients use it as effectively as possible.
We are looking for a motivated technical professional to join our team as a Customer Support Engineer .
The Customer Support Engineerwill provide the below:
This person is responsible for providing first/second level support for all incoming help desk calls via phone and email as well as reviewing and resolving alerts generated by our monitoring systems.
- Address and follow up on requests received in help desk queue (via phone, e-mail and ticketing system)
- Follow up on resolved requests to ensure customer satisfaction
- Provide support for hardware/software issues over the phone and in person
- Deploy, configure, and troubleshoot user workstations
- Deploy, configure, and troubleshoot standard and proprietary supported applications (MS Office, Web Browsers, Antivirus and others)
- Log all requests into Ticketing System
- Document and escalate call tickets to related IT groups for further support
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in hardware and software support
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with workstation imaging processes/software
- Strong knowledge of deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of workstation hardware
- Basic knowledge of deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows operating systems
- Basic knowledge of deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of standard and proprietary software
- CompTia A+ and Net+ certifications preferred
- Ability to travel to multiple buildings throughout the work day
This position is based in Redmond, WA
“Silvertip IT is our outsourced IT provider. Whenever we have issues, whether it’s something as basic as a glitch in our email or something like installing new programs, they find a way to get things done for us.”-Seattle Sport Medicine Company VP