Is your IT guy hiding issues that could cripple your business?
Why Internal Technology Resources Hide Issues from Their Manager
Regardless of your industry, technology is what keeps your business running smoothly and effectively – whether it’s to provide mobility with business communication tools or increase productivity by reducing the risk of disruption.
Sometimes when you’re dealing with an internal technology resource rather than an outsourced team, issues get neglected and snowball into bigger problems that end up costing you. Sure, there are great internal IT teams out there – but often, you risk the possibility that they’re hiding issues from you. So, why is that the case?
They Fall Behind – Even for a small business, technology demands are a lot to manage. When you’re working with an internal team, sometimes they just can’t keep up.
- They may be behind on security patches, software updates, or repairs, but they’ll neglect to bring it up so they don’t get risk getting fired.
- Strategically planning ahead is a crucial and complicated task, and it might take up more time than your technology resource expected, leading them to put off other important tasks – and leaving you vulnerable.
- They’re Inexperienced – IT is constantly evolving, and sometimes your internal team simply isn’t able to cover all of your needs.
- From mobile device protection, to security patches and business continuity planning, you need a team with expertise in the most important areas.
- They Fear Outsourcing – Internal resources often neglect to report issues because they fear you might realize the benefits of outsourcing IT. An inexperienced internal resource puts your entire business at risk for a wide range of avoidable issues, including:
- Compromised networks and data
- Disruption and downtime that diminish productivity and lead to lost wage
Don’t put your business at risk because your internal technology resource simply isn’t equipped to handle all of your IT needs. Start working with a team of professionals who are honest, open, and experienced – contact Slivertip IT at email@example.com or (425) 998-9199 to learn more.
“Silvertip IT provides us with exceptional services and products. We have a new level of assurance and confidence in our IT systems. This was put to the test when one of our servers failed over a weekend and in the following week while we waited for new hardware, our staff was still able to work without interruption on a virtual server, completely unaware of the hardware failure. Our issues are responded to quickly and efficiently, and Silvertip’s support personnel are knowledgeable and friendly.”-Rick Miller – Chief Operating Officer, Master Builders Association