Is Your IT Company Planning To Upgrade Your Windows Server 2003?
Is your IT company looking out for you?
If you’re still working on Windows Server 2003, they should be talking to you about the looming end of support.
If you aren’t already getting prepared for the switch, you’re starting to cut it close. Microsoft will be discontinuing support for its Windows Server 2003 this summer, and your business needs to be ready to upgrade. If you haven’t been talked to and made to understand the risks your business is facing, we’ll get you up to speed.
Time is Running Out
- You’ve probably already been told this, but waiting until the last minute to get ready for the upgrade is a bad idea. Your IT company’s job is to help you make the most of your technology, so if they’re not helping you out they’re doing your business a major disservice. Figuring out a plan for your server upgrade is dependent on your unique IT environment – you need a reliable IT team to help your business with the transition.
- Microsoft will end support for Windows Server 2003 on July 14, 2015 – part of the upgrade involves moving your existing workload, so you need to make sure you have the right plan in place to do that safely.
Security and Compliance
- Any good IT company will be paying attention to the unique compliance standards of your industry. Once support ends your business will likely be failing to meet your industry requirements. This often leads to financial penalties as well as lost support from customers.
- When fixes for bugs and patches for security vulnerabilities stop being applied to your system, your business will be left exposed. Are you comfortable leaving your sensitive data at risk? New threats are always coming up and your network won’t be properly equipped to handle them without the right support.
- You know that IT systems are reliant on maintenance and upgrades to function at their peak. Did you know that hardware and software that are released after support for Windows Sever 2003 ends are not going to be compatible with your system? Your business will be stuck with outdated technology and unable to leverage the benefits of new advancements.
To get set up with an IT company in Bellevue, Redmond & Seattle that will help get your business prepared for the upcoming changeover, contact Slivertip IT at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (425) 998-9199.
“We’re very pleased with your services. Your team is very knowledgeable, patient, reliable and thorough. I think Silvertip IT is the best IT support we’ve had to date. We’ll definitely recommend your services to others.”-Nancy Truitt – PierceFounder and CEO Woods Creek Consulting